PowerUP is a 12-week programme for youth (ages 10+) that examines all areas of well-being and flourishing. Using the evidence-based research of Positive Psychology in combination with Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Solution-Focused Coaching, we have created a programme that introduces the skills needed for youth to become the master of their own minds and unlock their innate Potential.
Real skill in anything comes with experience but having a firm foundation, in the form of knowledge about your mind (the most complex thing you possess) and how it works, is essential to well-being. The programme is not designed to give instructions on where to go in life, but instead focuses on how to get there.
11 Key Skills To Empower Our Experience of Life
- Emotional Awareness / Emotional Intelligence
- Identifying Common Thinking Traps & Self-Defeating Stories
- Skills To Free Yourself From the Traps
- Behaviour Regulation and Problem-Solving Skills
- Identifying Values
- Understanding Character Strengths
- Focus On Process (Over Outcome) and Confidence Growth
- Harnessing The Uplift Of Optimism
- Spinning Strong Webs of Social Connection
- Values-Guided Goal Setting For a Flourishing Future
In order to determine the suitability of the programme to the individual, please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
The PowerUP curriculum is comprehensive and so it is essential that participants are able to commit to attending the 12 sessions in order to maximise the benefits. If a session is missed, it may be possible to arrange a make-up session at a nominal cost with one of the Facilitators.
Please note that if you are able to bring together a minimum of 4 participants, we may be able to offer this programme on alternate dates to suit your schedule. Please contact us for more information on bespoke programs.
The workshops will be held at the Jadis Blurton Family Development Center located at the 19th Floor, Kennedy Town Centre, 23 Belchers Street, Kennedy Town.
Dates / Times
Wednesday Afternoons – 4:15pm to 5:45pm
8, 15, 22, 29 March
5, 26 April
10, 17, 24, 31 May
7, 14 June
Total 12 x 90 minute sessions
Total Programme Fee = HK$12,000
Programme Fee includes:
* 1 x 30 minute One-to-One Parent Intake Session with one of the PowerUP Facilitators
* 12 x 90 minute Group Sessions
* All Materials & Resources
Each workshop will have a ratio of 1 Facilitator per 4 Participants.
A minimum of 4 participants is required in order for the scheduled programme to proceed. The group will be limited to a maximum of 8 participants.